Saturday, June 4, 2011

Nail Art

I have a renewed love for nail art after joining Instagram on my iphone and seeing the amazing artists' images on there. Last time I played with nail polish, I was in high school and hadn't honed my art skills yet. I stuck to single colors and attempted french tips with messy results. A few years later I craved the artistic, steady hand of a manicurist to pay $2 for a single flower on my big toes.
A couple years ago they came out with nail polish pens and while I tried using them I found the tips to still be too cumbersome to really do any real nail art. I wanted the thin brushes they used at the nail salons, but they only sold them to licensed pros. I was left to using colored sharpies which didn't work too well.
I then went through an all black nail phase followed by an all natural nail phase.
During a recent trip to the Dollar Tree store, I found nail art pens! The thin brushes perfect for line drawing on nails! wha-hoo! A little reluctant since they were at the dollar store, I only purchased white and black. I had gotten burned before with the gimmicky marketing and I wasn't absolutely sure these were what I had been wanting....
But they were! Ever since I have been on a nail art binder. Trying new techniques, new patterns, color combinations...I have been having a blast!






My favorite nail art vids on YouTube are from 'cutepolish', 'YesIambeautiful', and 'Love4nails':D

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel Cumberland
Powered by Best Free Counters