Monday, March 28, 2011

Wine Glass Chandelier

If you have ever been to the Malibu Family Wines tasting "room", you may have spotted this wine glass chandelier. Not a bran new idea, but a fantastic space saver and/or conversation piece is so very cool, yet expensive from what I have found online. A Swedish company makes these gems and they sell upward of $500...so I investigated on how I could make one on my own......
I viewed the pdf information sheet from the Swedish architects website and while I am not great at welding, (yet), I am sure with some practice I could make this same version (above)..or one close to it. 
I did however come across a blog with a different version which is a little more industrial/minimalistic but I still dig it! To view, click here

Supplies needed:
3 bicycle braking cables
2 circles made out of Plexiglas
1 efficiency bulb
+ lots of wine glasses

I would love to soon try on my own.God knows I have enough wine glasses to fill a chandelier!

Use this as inspiration and create your own version. Try adding smaller and larger levels to hold more glasses. If you use this as your next DIY project, let me know how you did with a comment!





No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel Cumberland
Powered by Best Free Counters