Monday, March 28, 2011

Pretty Bookmarks

If you know me, you know I'm not really a reader, however after spotting these gorgeous bookmarkers, I might change my ways...or at least find some old books, make a few of these and have them on display in my home so people think I have....
Made from velvet scraps and pretty charms, you could whip up a dozen of these for gifts (or yourself) in no time with just a couple tools.

Supplies Needed:
2- 1" ribbon end clamps
Old buttons, beads or jewelry pieces
Jump rings and headpins
Small Pliers

Measure out your 12" of ribbon.

The art of reading actual tangible books may be going out of style with the invention of the kindle and other e-readers but there is something so wonderful about the look and feel of those vintage books.

I recently acquired a book with a copyright date of 1894. It is beautiful and has inspired me to dig around at garage sales and thrift stores for more gems to showcase in my vintage style room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel Cumberland
Powered by Best Free Counters