Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Garage Sales!

It's been awhile since I had the urge to wake up early on a Saturday morning and drive around town in hopes of finding a couple garage sales that were worth the early wake up call. Well, this last weekend I got lucky. After some prep on craigslist to plot out my first hits, I headed out. (If you are having a garage sale, make sure to plan ahead and post on craigslist or your local paper for free to drive traffic your way.)
The first two I went to were duds. One I didn't even stop in at.
But three and four were amazing.
I was out from 8am until 3pm and only spent $20!
Thankfully I wasn't really "looking" for anything in particular, which I think is the key to finding true treasures. The second I have something in mind to hunt for, I can't find anything.
I saw some gorgeous cabinets for only $10, but had no need for them at the moment. That however didn't stop me from purchasing this adorable retro chair for only $5!
If anyone has any pointers on reupholstering, comment below.This will be my first attempt at it and it may take some time! :)
I also found a retro dial phone and antique lamp stand and candelabra, a green glass vase and a couple other pieces. It was a good day of hunting for sure! I highly recommend garage sales first before paying retail prices. You never know what you will find, but don't be discouraged if you don't find what your looking for on your first weekend of trying! It is well worth the hunting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel Cumberland
Powered by Best Free Counters