Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Ever Changing Dresser


A few years ago I found this 6 drawer dresser downstairs by the dumpsters just sitting there, unfinished and waiting to become firewood. I drug it upstairs to my apartment and first covered it with a coat of magnetic paint...did you know they sell that stuff at home improvement stores? You can make things magnetic!...I took it even further though and after 4 coats of magnetic paint, I then covered it with 2 coats of chalk board paint. (At the same time I also taped a square on the wall to create my own magnetic chalk board for messages)....

Since then, the dresser has housed those poetry magnets and sat next to my bed for late night word play fun....it has been used as my main dresser for clothes and with chalk told me what drawer held what type of items...and most recently it is used as a linen "closet" of sorts holding our extra sheets, towels and blankets and is a creative project for me and my artsy friends to "play with" when they come over....a little bit of water on a cloth and viola, it becomes a blank canvas and all new project! I would recommend chalk board paint for children's furniture so they are free to explore their creative talents without being yelled at and ruining your walls and such. When I have children I will likely create a magnetic chalkboard border around the bottom half of their room(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel Cumberland
Powered by Best Free Counters