Monday, April 4, 2011

Autograph Wall

I was watching "Selling NY" today on one of those Home Improvement channels and they designed this NY penthouse with an autograph wall at the entrance of this multi-million dollar home. I thought it was a cute citchy way to bring some fun into an otherwise pretentious space. Contrasting a dining room set that cost more than my car, the autograph wall sat mid-entrance and looked to be made with the blackboard paint I mentioned earlier in my blog! Colorful chalk rested on a ledge for easy access and when friends (or in this case the open house viewers) came to visit, they could write their name and a message if they wish.

If you are trying to transition into adulthood, or if you are just a kid at heart, give your living space a little light-hearted makeover and transform that naked unused wall of yours into an autograph station. You may be amazed at your friends' artistic abilities and with just a wipe down, your wall can change into a new piece of art, much like my dresser! If you have children or family/friends with children, this is a great way to showcase their artistic skills and there is nothing sweeter than the imagination of kids!
My brother had a gigantic whiteboard in his first apartment for similar purpose; I thought it was genius then and still love the idea! I love it even more when I see something I like (and previously mentioned) on design shows!!!

Use it as a message board for reminders, signatures and well wishes at a party, get creative and make a calendar, phone numbers, draw a chistmas tree if you lack room for a real one, write your grocery list or menu for the evening, favorite quotes, play games (hangman, pictionary, tic tac toe), take it into your bedroom or any room of the house! While black is and can be a bit harsh, the colorful writing and images you create lighten it up! (It also comes in a green, but is that same green you remember from elementary school!)





For more ideas with chalkboard paint or to see, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

hotel Cumberland
Powered by Best Free Counters